I have started a new blog in Dave's Memory.
Go to
wwwwww.DaveRichardsMemory.blogspot.comwww
for more recent info, photos, articles, and learn about
the Dave Richards Memorial Award.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympics!

Hi everybody.

I forgot to mention that Dave has an appointment for a cat scan on Sunday morning. Then we have an appointment at the LRCP on Wednesday with the medical oncologist to discuss the results, as well as the usual blood tests etc... We're praying that the mass has shrunk significantly, making all these side effects of chemotherapy worth it.

Dave was feeling a little better overall today. The side effects are all still there, but didn't seem to be as overwhelming. We've been watching the Olympic opening ceremonies this evening. (So tragic to hear about the 21 year old Georgian luger that died on a practice run today.) Dave was able to go out and watch the Clarke Road SS boys semi-final basketball playoff game earlier today as well. (He really wanted to go see that.)

I'm happy for the long weekend and have a lot to do with starting sprouts etc...
(FYI. Dave's still been getting his wheatgrass juice since we've been home. I was able to purchase it still growing in small flats from an organic health food store here in town. I've been juicing it everyday for him. I hope to start some seeds growing myself this weekend, but it's been handy to be able to get some in the interim.)

We are keeping the faith and staying positive! If anybody has any DVD's of the old series 'Fawlty Towers' we'd appreciate borrowing them. Laughter is supposed to boost the immune system. Dave used to love watching that British series on tv years ago and laughing certainly won't hurt!

Take care!
Val

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Fawlty Towers

If you cant find anyone with the DVDs, you can download them on iTunes.

Glad to hear Dave was feeling a bit better today and that he was able to get out of the house for a bit.

Have a restful long weekend.

~Theresa

Unknown said...

Hey!

I have those DVDs and hopefully once I get better I will be able to come and drop them off.

Alison :)

Candy said...

I have never seen the show, but I watch streaming tv online all the time.
Try these 2 sites - http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/61169.html
OR
http://tvshack.net/tv/Fawlty_Towers/

I will be praying that God is shrinking this tumor as we speak and tomorrow the doctors are going to be scratching their heads in amazement!!
Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad Dave was feeling well enough to go out and watch the boys basketball playoff game! We will be thinking about you all Sun morning. You guys are in our prayers.
Val, let me know if you need any seeds for wheatgrass juice I found a place here in Guelph that sells the seeds for $3.00/bag.
Jen & Ryan

Jessie Zellas said...

I am presently downloading Series 1 and 2 for you and will get them to you asap (that is if someone else has not beat me to it). Will call first before dropping them off. If there are any other comedies, just let me know. You are right, laughter is the best medicine. Take care and we are thinking and praying for everyone. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Val/Dave,

I am glad you made it home safely! I have been praying for Dave's comfort and I am glad to hear he is feeling a bit better!

I have been watching a really funny new series on TV "Modern Family" ... I will download the episodes (as I don't have FT)for Dave, I think he will really enjoy it - Both Brandon and I belly laugh watching it !!

I will pray for Dave today (as I do every day) and keep our faith for Wednesday's appointment.

ohhh... hand and feet pain - I have a friend who is giong through similar side effects as Dave and she has someone who comes to her home and does massage on her feet, hands and pressure points... she also has someone come to her home to do Reiki and finds that both really help ! (just a thought).

Praying for you both and thinking of you always !

Much Love,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Hi Val & Dave!
We just learned about your unbelievable ventures, thanks to Mark. Didn't know...and we feel badly that we could have been doing something for you. You have been through so much in such a short time.

Certainly we will be praying for both of you. What an incredible journey you are on, and how strong you both are through it all.
But God knows, and how thankful we are that He knows but He also cares.
Will be following your blog.

Ella & Ken

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave and Val and Cale,
John and I continue to pray for God's intervention and complete healing for you Dave. Today, John was speaking with Pastor Don Howard. Pastor Don asked John how you were doing Dave. You see there are many people at Stoney Creek praying for you Dave. Some you know like the Leylands, the Eugenio's, the Irelands and more. And today is Valentine's Day. Dave, Happy Valentines from John and me. We both love our Christian brother!!
God bless you and Val and Cale!!
Zeny and John

Dave, Lori and Keenan said...

Hi Dave and Val,
We have been following your incredible journey of healing and would like to offer our assistance in anyway. I see you are starting to grow your own wheatgrass as this will help Dave with his healing. We were wondering if the use of a light to speed up the growing process of the wheatgrass would be of any help? My Dave has a light that he has used for his saltwater aquarium that he is not using at the moment. Keenan used it for a turf project for school and you could literally watch the grass grow before your eyes. Keenan is hoping to pop over to see Dave tomorrow sometime so I will send it with him and he can show you how it works. If it can be of any use please use it for as long as you need it.
God Bless
Dave, Lori & Keenan

Anonymous said...

Hi Tito Dave and Tita Val just saying hi and checking up your blog and seeing how Tito Dave and you are doing. It brightens my day that your faith is strong and staying positive through all this. I also check some sites that might have faulty towers online and www.tvshack.net is the best one to watch it excellent streaming in magavideo you dont have to download it. I hope you get well soon Tito Dave i will continue to pray for you and Tita Val and Cale.

Take care always
PJ